- The preparatory department (hereinafter – PD) for foreign citizens acts upon the Statute of PRIVATE HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTION “INTERNATIONAL EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY” (hereinafter – the University) and these Provisions, as well as is a component of the permanent education unified system at the University.
- Study at PD is carried out in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons” (as amended according to Laws No.2743-VIIIdd. June 6, 2019, Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada (VVR),2019,No.26,Article107), the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 1541 “Certain issues on the organization of recruitment and training (internship) foreigners and persons without citizenship” (as amended according to Orders the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No.1167dd. August 11, 2017), the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of UkraineNo. 1272“On introduction of amendments to the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dd. November 1, 2013,No.1541” dd. December 11, 2015, the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 684 “Some issues for recruiting foreigners and stateless persons” dd. September 11, 2013 (as amended according to the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 118 dd. March 1, 2013).
- PD’s training of students to enter higher educational institutions is carried out under the contractual terms at the expense of physical and legal entities.
- PD operations are led by the head of the preparatory department for foreign citizens.
- CORE OBJECTIVES OF THE PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
2.1. The preparatory department is designed to train foreign citizens to enter the higher educational institution, acquire specialized education, improve their Ukrainian proficiency and obtain primary professional knowledge.
2.2. To provide foreign youth with paid educational services so that they can deeply study general and additional subjects.
2.3. To carry out vocational guidance and promotional activities.
2.4. Together with the research guidance department and the educational and scientific center for education quality and remote training of IEU, to plan a syllabus, types of classes, monitoring forms according to subject matter programs involved in entrance examinations; to engage professors from university’s leading departments, who have specialized education and teaching experience, in scientific and educational activities at the preparatory department; to distribute training loads of PD among other departments.
- ORGANIZATION OF PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS
3.1. The structure of the preparatory department is defined in accordance with current statutory regulations and is approved by the university rector.
3.2. PD staff members are hired and fired by order of the university rector in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine.
3.3. Preparatory department operations are arranged due to the full-time study according to statutory documents of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and university curricula.
- ADMISSION RULES OF THE PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
4.1. To enter the preparatory department, foreigners should submit the following documents:
- a) a standard application form;
- b) a copy of the educational certificate (the original document is provided personally by a foreigner) and obtained grades (points);
- c) a transcript (original and copy) to the acquired degree certificate, which the admission is based on (if any);
- d) a copy of the international passport or the document verifying a stateless person;
- e) a copy of the notarized Ukrainian translation of the passport;
- f) a medical insurance unless otherwise provided by Ukrainian international agreements;
- g) an applicationaddressed to the rector;
- h) a study payment slip;
- i) a written consent to processing of personal data.
The documents specified in subparagraphs b and c of paragraph4.1should be verified in accordance with the legislation of the country of issuance and legalized in the prescribed manner unless otherwise provided by Ukrainian international agreements.
4.2. Enrollment to the preparatory department is conducted after submitting the above-mentioned documents and signing the educational agreement with IEU.
- RIGHTS OFTHE PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
5.1. The preparatory department has the right to define the concept of its activities aimed at accomplishing objectives and functions due to the state norms and standards in coordination with the rector;
5.2. Together with the research guidance department and the educational and scientific center for education quality and remote training of IEU:
- to develop, implement and recommend its own programs, methods and techniques for study, monitoring of knowledge and skills of preparatory department students;
- to obtain materials required to fulfill its objectives and functions in the prescribed manner;
- to introduce new forms of study and advance curricula;
- to cooperate closely with university departments engaged in PD loads;
- to distribute training loads of PD among other departments according to training process needs and teaching requirements;
- to enhance the requirements and advance the control over lecturers’ operations;
- to form training groups and schedule at the preparatory department;
- to prepare educational materials dedicated to all subject matters for publication in order to improve the training process quality;
- to provide foreign citizens with the certificate of preparatory department completion in case of successful completion of study.
- HEAD OF THEPREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
6.1. The preparatory department is led by the head of the preparatory department of IEU, who is personally liable for accomplishment of PD objectives.
6.2. The head of the preparatory department relies on regulatory legal acts of Ukraine regarding foreigners and Admission Rules of IEU.
6.3. The head of the preparatory department:
-within his/her competence, issues decrees on preparatory department operations that should be necessarily performed by all PD staff members, submits offers to the IEU rector in the prescribed manner (in coordination with the vice-rector responsible for international cooperation) regarding hiring, firing and transferring of employees, their encouragement and ways of disciplinary measures;
-within his/her competence, represents the preparatory department at state-owned and public institutions, enterprises and organizations by order of the rector.
- INTERRELATIONSOF THEPREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
7.1. The preparatory department closely cooperates with all units and services of the university, education authorities and regional educational establishments on issues related to the support of its activities and accomplishment of its objectives and functions.
7.2. The preparatory department collaborates with the Admission Committee and the research guidance department of IEU on issues of enrolling students due to selected areas of training and study organization.
7.3. Completing the study, students of the preparatory department pass final exams in due time according to the PD curriculum approved by the vice-rector for scientific and educational work of IEU.
7.4. Students who have successfullypassedfinal exams are enrolled on a competitive basis in the first course of the university within the corresponding licensed volume of the university by the decision of the IEU Admission Committee.
7.5.Graduates of the preparatory department who have received unsatisfactory grades in any subject matter at final exams or who have failed to pass on a competitive basis have the right, according to the application, to the year of re-study at PD for foreigners.